Monday, November 12, 2018

Wings and After-Work Drinks

It is disturbing to realize I know they are called "wings". No and anyway it is now uncool to heehee regarding those. I mean the Mumtaz-like dashes girls make at the edge of their eyes. As an index of this, there are videos on how to make kajal wings. The modified eye make-up trend is wings, they do not end pointy but instead are shaped more blunt. In my view (which is billed decently, remember, atleast as far as SEBI circulars go), these eye-wings only suit godess idols of Durga that too made by experienfed Kumartuli hands. Mortals are best off avoiding painting sticks outside their eyes trying to in effect make their eyes look alert like a deer at a pond. I wish I could tell girl-associates it is best to make their eyes instead look tired and over-worked. Rather than look like an animal on high-alert. Have wings of hope, wings of purpose, wings for flight. Not thick-thick paint carefully applied daily at the corners of your eyes. Please. But then I am very scared ("particular" is a more dignified word) of saying all-this or anything at all that embroils me in various movements. As a result, women are deprived of my social company in office. And after office- little drinks meets which is the grandmother of all kitty parties. Slapping Girl-Associate is now..that is a story for another day. Let us just say she now knows how to make Maggi but is not comfortably far from my social jurisditon to say more. So yes to hedge myself I save my humour for a few favourite males. Slapping Girl-Associate calls this Afterwork Meals with Males but then again she has a knack for cheapening anything(even feee quotes) if it suits her. These associates who I invite for after-work drinks they don't know they are my favourites because in the after-work drinks clique invite I throw in a couple of people I famously dislike- just to mix things a little to enable confusion- and also not have favourite associates get too entitled, and frankly, awkward. Am glad after-work drinks is acceptable in Delhi as this isn't London and I recall a time when drinkining after sunset with male friends made one feel like breaking into a Sharabee song "jahan char yaar mil jayw wahan raat ho gulazar.." Very quickly before there are are smirks- there is a Meena, ducklings, for those too old to remember Amitabh in his heydays. Meena! That is a permanent echo in a cup or -let us make that a goblet for a sentimental Khalil Gibranesque moment of unintended solitude. These are long writings. In ten years, Twitter and others have reduced attention spans for non-work readings and so congratulate yourself if you have read this. Tolstoy still has some hope from us, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment